My client is currently looking for a senior Buying manager to take responsbile for one of its key categories and manage the existing team as well as drive the category forward for the future.
Quorum Search Partners are currently working with a leading Retailer & Department Store to source dynamic, commercially focused Buyers and Senior Procurement Executives, who have a background in purchasing Homewares, Clothing, Textiles and apparels.
Our client a leading Retailer is looking to recruit a Buying Controller for their head office based in Dublin.
You will be responsible for managing, driving sales and margins for the division. mentoring the current buying tea, defining ranges; negotiate the terms and sourcing new product while all the while looking at the big picture in terms of your brands positioning and strategic plan.
- Previous experience in a Retail Purchasing environment.
- 8-10 years experience
- Previous Team Management exprerience
- International Purchasing Experience (Asia/Middle East)
- Strong commercial acumen e.g. increasing margins
- Experience managing significant purchasing budgets
- Dynamic and career focussed individuals who are able to work as part of a team but with significant personal initiative
- Manage & Work with high volume SKU’s
- Monitor trends in consumer buying, patterns and preferences
- Monitor and maximize profitability and cash flows of product lines and minimize investment in stock levels
- Identify and select new suppliers that meet standards of quality and cost
- Negotiate with suppliers across various category’s
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure consistent supply of quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Implement and maintain quality standards by agreeing Specifications
- Forward Planning & Product Development
- Working with Store Managers and Category Management Function
Salary depending on experience but will be very competitive for the right person
Our client offers a challenging and rewarding career, with an excellent salary package and excellent career development