Senior Category Manager - Part Time role - Pro rata
This is a commercially focused role with one of the world's largest food companies. This role will be part of the Commercial team which means being at the heart of the relationship between sales, marketing and the most important group "the customer". Using cutting edge research to define specific ranging and merchandising plans. Ultimately, you'll influence retailer opinion and shape the way shoppers view my clients products in store.
You'll bring an excellent record for delivering commercial results and a sophisticated knowledge of channel/occasion-based merchandising, range and assortment with substantial relevant FMCG experience and analytical capability. You will also have the expert influencing and relationship management skills to transform merchandising strategy into retail reality and build key relationships and credibility to liaise at senior levels within your customer base.
- Leading yearly range and merchandising reviews;
- Contact strategy by account;
- Evaluation of planograms by account;
- Setting the plan to achieve distribution, availability and share of space targets by account;
- Defining the range, merchandising and POP strategy for the customer to input into the overall merchandising strategy;
- Being a merchandising software expert;
- Becoming the range expert on relevant categories;
- Being the insight expert on the category.
- Maintain existing Category Partnerships & develop additional partnerships in line with overall Category Strategy.
- To develop account specific Category Management initiatives within Business Management and Field Sales teams.
- To work with the Shopper Insight Analyst to analyse research findings and develop key insights & strategies by channel for Confectionery.
In order to successfully apply for this position you will be coming from a Category Management Background and have the following experience:
- 5-7 years Cat Mgt experience working in on the Supplier or Retail side
- Candidates who have experience working within a research agency will be highly beneficial
- Experience working with figures and analysing data/numbers trends and making recommendations using excel spreadsheets to formulate their data and present their findings along with following through on how to use the data/analysis.
- Candidates who have got previously category convenience experience would be ideal.
- Communication is also very key to the job as individuals will be required to present their findings to the commercial environment and to retailers face to face so confidence is a must as well using impact and convincing competency.
- Third level education
Base Salary will be dependent on experience with car allowance other benefits included in an attractive package.
For more information on this fantasic opportunity please send your CV to Roisin for review
Quorum Search Partners is one of Ireland's leading industry specific search and selection organisation delivering recruitment services to our FMCG, food, healthcare and pharmaceutical clients both in Ireland and abroad. At Quorum we treat all candidates’ details with respect and full confidentiality. We will not forward your CV or any other personal details to any 3rd party without prior consent from you