Senior Buyer – Homewares
Quorum Search Partners are currently working with a leading Retailer & Department Store to source dynamic, commercially focused Buyers and Senior Procurement Executives, who have a background in purchasing Homewares, Clothing, Textiles and apparels.
Our client a leading Retailer is looking to recruit a Homewares Buyer for their head office based in Dublin.
You will be responsible for driving sales and margin your category. You will define the range; negotiate the terms and source new product while all the while looking at the big picture in terms of your brand position and strategic plan.
- Previous experience in a Homeware or similar category buying office environment
- International Purchasing Experience (Asia/Middle East)
- A minimum 4 years purchasing experience (4-5years ideally)
- Strong commercial acumen e.g. increasing margins
- Experience managing significant purchasing budgets
- Dynamic and career focussed individuals who are able to work as part of a team but with significant personal initiative
- Working with high volume SKU’s
- Monitor trends in consumer buying, patterns and preferences
- Monitor and maximize profitability and cash flows of product lines and minimize investment in stock levels
- Identify and select new suppliers that meet standards of quality and cost
- Negotiate with suppliers across various category’s
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure consistent supply of quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Implement and maintain quality standards by agreeing Specifications
- Forward Planning & Product Development
- Working with Store Managers and Category Management Function
Salary depending on experience but will be very competitive for the right person
Our client offers a challenging and rewarding career, with an excellent salary pac.kae and excellent career development!