NEW BUYER ROLE --- GREAT OPPORTUNITY!
A Fantastic opportunity for a retail candidate with exposure to working within a Retail purchasing environment has come onto the market - if you interested in hearing more about this opportunity then please read further...
The Role: The role will include working closely with senior buying team to assist with developing and sourcing a commercial and quality range of merchandise within a specific category in order to maximize sales and profitability of the company and to ensure the timely and correct delivery of products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring trends in consumer buying, patterns and preferences in order to identify new products.
- Continually assessing product range with key competitors to compare price, quality and value
- Negotiate product costs and payments terms with suppliers
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure consistent supply of quality products at the lowest possible cost
- Ensure suppliers deliver product in accordance with specifications to ensure a quality product, on time and at the best price
- Provide information and guidance to store managers in relation to products, optimum layout etc.
- Develop appropriate promotional strategies to drive sales and profitability
Knowledge, Experience & Skills required:
- Min. 1-2 years experience working in a buying environment, preferably in a retail sector.
- Good negotiating and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, work well under pressure, work well on own initiative and as a part of team
- Appropriate relevant qualification/educational background.
Salary 35-40K pluse benifits available to the right candidate.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Carmel McCabe on 01 878 8240 or apply below.